Features & Applications
The scalable PRIMUX® Matrix KVM Switch via CAT5 provides non-blocking access for up to 16 simultaneous users to up to 64 servers. The units are stackable allowing access to up to 128 servers. The switch frees up valuable space by eliminating large KVM switchboxes and bulky hard-to-manage coax cables. It is an ideal solution for high-density server environments.
The PRIMUX system consists of three components: Matrix Switch, connects users to servers; Host Adapters, connect to each server; and User Stations, connect to each set of user-station equipment—keyboard, monitor and mouse. The User Stations and Host Adapters can be located as far as 1,000 feet from each other, and are connected to the matrix switch through CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable.
- Multi-user, multi-platform, multi-rack access.
- Ideal for hazardous/unsecured environments. The User Stations can be located up to 1,000 feet from the servers.
- Inexpensive CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable replaces bulky KVM cables.
- Simple plug-and-play auto-configured installation.
- Servers are discovered as they are powered up, and can be accessed immediately by authorized users.
- Hot-swap components with no disruption of server operation.
- Crisp and clear 1024x768 video resolution at 1,000 feet, 1920x1440 at 300 feet.
- Automatically adjusts the video quality to compensate for varying lengths of CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent CPUs from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Real time power status of connected servers.
- Provides connection to servers during power up at the BIOS level.
- Platform-specific host adapters for PS/2, SUN and USB computers.
- Command and control provided by OSD of connected User Station.
- Flash firmware upgrades.
- Female RJ45 input/ output connectors.
- Female RJ45 Ethernet connector.
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet interface.
- Male DB9 connector.
- Female SCSI 68-pin connector.
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via IEC connector.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C).
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
- Use CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable to connect Host Adapters and User Stations to the switch and to daisy chain Host Adapters.
- Cables not included.
- Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which servers each user can access.
- Add or remove authorized users.
- Create and remove up to 32 host groups.
- Create and remove up to 16 host groups, containing users with common access rights to hosts and host groups.
- Set individual user names and passwords for each user.
Built-In Control Methods
On Screen Display
- Use keyboard or mouse to operate the switch from menus superimposed onto the monitor.
- Displays the platform, name, and power status of the connected servers.
- Allows color skew and video compensation fine tuning for optimal video quality.
- Locate and select servers by name, comment, index or ID.
- Names can be up to 16 characters long.
- Help Screens assist users with OSD.
- Modify the size and position of the OSD.
- OS- and software-independent.
- Various administrator configuration features, including users, servers and user stations.
Front Panel Interface
- Change ports with front panel buttons.
Modes of Operation
- Normal– a user connected to a host.
- Scan– user is subsequently connected to hosts from a list.
- Sharing– the administrator can select for each host a sharing attribute, which defines multiple user access to the host.
- Private (not shared)– one user is connected to the host and control it. No other user may select nor control that host.
- Protected (video shared)– one user is connected to and controls the host. Other users may select and see the video output from the host, but not control the host.
- Public (shared)– a host may be selected by many users; the host is still controlled by one user, but its control may be given to any other user after an inactivity timeout (share idle time).